This site is being replaced with a faster, more secure site that consolidates the three current ShuffleWorks, CaskWorks and PoolWorks sites. The primary advantages to users are:
- The new site is more secure, it uses SSL for secure encrypted access.
- A single login provides links to all of your download areas and content.
- You can subscribe and manage subscriptions to update notifications on the site.
- We have brought back discussion forums for our knowledge bases and discussions of best practices.
By the end of the month this site will redirected and its content will be taken down. All of the active content has already been moved. The new site is ‘live’ and you can register for it now. The new site is:
Enhanced EPRI Core Shuffler
Westinghouse’s ShuffleWorks is a computerbased system that helps utilities plan and monitor fuel/component movement activities more efficiently, resulting in reduced operating and maintenance costs. The ShuffleWorks system is designed to meet the offload/reload and in-core shuffling requirements of pressurized water reactor (PWR) and boiling water reactor (BWR) power plants.
Created for utility personnel involved in fuel movement, ShuffleWorks provides an excellent tool for reactor engineers and outage personnel to save time by avoiding the labor-intensive manual development of fuelmovement sequence sheets.
ShuffleWorks can reduce the overall time and costs associated with fuel management planning and outage monitoring and automatically provide documentation.Other benefits include:
- Optimizing outage time with in-core shuffles and efficient component swaps
- Creating challenging “what-if ” planning sessions, simulating a wide variety of schemes that can lead to more efficient plans and outage savings
- Quick replanning during an outage when problems occur, minimizing costly outage time
- Accessing fuel information immediately (e.g., locations, orientations, insert types, etc.), making essential information readily available
- Providing real-time status of fuel/component movement during outage; up-to-date status for outage management
- Incorporating site-specific needs, e.g., adding or changing moves at any time, providing control and independence with site-specific, customized move sheets
- Training prior to actual outage
With the ShuffleWorks system, you can automatically or manually produce shuffle plans and modify them during an outage. The planning module directly accommodates core maintenance and fuel inspection outage needs, and extensive editing capabilities make it easy to gear shuffle plans to specific site requirements. It handles the widest variety of plant configurations, constraints (e.g., crane reachability, pool burn-up regions and shutdown margin checks) and equipment configurations.
A “batch move” facility automates the generation of a collection (or “batch”) of steps for moving a group of assemblies from one area to another. The user simply selects assemblies and destination areas, which makes planning spent fuel pool re-racking simple and fast.
In addition, with the ShuffleWorks system, multiple plans can be quickly produced for comparison in “what-if” planning sessions.
The ShuffleWorks system also provides a thorough assortment of essential fuel information access tools, core and spent fuel pool maps and printed fuel transfer sheets. There’s a software interface for information exchange with external data sources, such as Westinghouse’s CaskWorks®, PoolWorksTM, TracWorks® and SureTrac® products. It also automatically downloads moves to computerize refueling machinery.
With ShuffleWorks, magnetic boards and markers used to track fuel moves can be replaced with a computer to maximize space in the control room and minimize the potential for disturbances.
The ShuffleWorks purchase includes:
- ShuffleWorks site license and documentation
- Custom ShuffleWorks plant models
- Custom fuel transfer sheets
- Onsite installation and training
- Phone support and one-year warranty with base scope purchasee
Shuffle planning software technology allows you to reduce manpower requirements for developing and verifying shuffle sequence plans without constraint, transcription or typographical errors. This technology typically saves utilities several weeks in pre-outage planning time.
ShuffleWorks reduces refueling time by providing more effective and optimized sequence plans and faster modifications during an outage. Experience indicates an average reduction of approximately 10 percent in the number of fuel moves, which translates into technical labor savings during a refueling.
Installed and in use at more than 115 units worldwide, ShuffleWorks is the most widely used fuel-movement planning tool in the nuclear industry.